Thursday, August 25, 2011

I can't get enough of those Peridots!!

 Wow but it has been quite a summer! It has been very busy in the Studio with visitors and long time clients. Yesterday a charming lady bought the earrings I was wearing that I had considered my own! Oh well, guess I can always make another pair.

A recent trip to Salida, Colorado to attend the annual conference of the Colorado Metalsmiths Association was inspiring. To hear Judith Kaufman, Tom Muir and Michael Zobel talk about their work was a once in a lifetime opportunity. The workshop I took with Michael; incredible! A delightful man, Michael has become a friend and I feel fortunate to know him. He works with beautiful 24 Karat gold fused to sterling silver and uses the most beautiful stones, many carved by Tom Munsteiner. See Michaels work here; http://www.allaboutgemstones.com/michael_zobel_atelier.html

Now, back to peridots...



These are some peridots! 12 carats of German cut gems set in 22 Karat Gold
with 18 Karat Gold hoops. The hoops may be worn separately. 
Absolutely gorgeous stones!

$1600.









1 comment:

  1. These are lovely! Can you send me a side shot and a photo of them in your hand -- so I can get an idea of the size. Also, what is ship cost and what service do you use? Tracking?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete